Customized Classes Off Campus
Bring labor education to your local union! Labor Center educators regularly travel to teach classes for unions in communities across Iowa at times and locations that are convenient for working adults. We offer classes on a broad range of topics and can also design an agenda customized to your particular union and industry.
Off-campus classes can take many formats, including:
- Weekdays, evenings, and/or weekends
- Hour-long, half-day, full-day, or multi-day programs
- Brief classes at union meetings
- Classes for two or more unions or for state/regional councils
Off-campus program fees vary, depending on sponsoring organization size and type:
- local unions under 1,000 members or nonprofits, community, faith-based organizations: $350/day, plus cost of materials
- Iowa statewide federations, councils or local unions with 1,000 or more members: $500/day, plus cost of materials
- regional, national, or international organizations meeting in Iowa: $500/day, plus cost of materials and travel
- out-of-state programs: $1,000/day, plus cost of materials and travel
A sliding scale fee reduction for local unions or Iowa-based organizations experiencing financial hardship is available on a case-by-case basis.
Instruction in Spanish and/or simultaneous interpretation in other languages is available if requested in advance.
Download Labor Center FY18-19 program brochure (pdf)
Contact the Labor Center to arrange a class: